OU football: Heupel to be upstairs
New OU offensive coordinator Josh Heupel will be upstairs for the Fiesta Bowl. Heupel said Monday he would watch the game from the pressbox. Heupel has been on the field during his five years as the Sooner quarterback coach.
Kevin Wilson, OU’s offensive coordinator those five years, has been up in the booth calling plays. Wilson will coach the Fiesta Bowl, but the offense now is in the hands of co-coordinators Heupel and Jay Norvell, with Heupel calling plays.
Heupel said the arrangement is just for this game. “We’ll look at in in the future,” Heupel said.
Heupel said he hasn’t decided on a first play yet — I’ve suggested a double reverse or a hook-and-lateral — but admitted he’s “excited. I look forward to that opportunity. It’s something I’ve dreamed about for a long time.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13110Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12605OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11229Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 10063Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7965Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5849Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 5300Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5259Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4767Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4142Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients