Thunder: Strange all-NBA voting
In terms of ballplaying, I guess my favorite Thunders are Russell Westbrook and Kendrick Perkins. I mean, there’s nothing not to love about Kevin Durant, and Serge Ibaka is one of the all-time great stories, and I love any defender like Thabo, and, well, I could keep going on.
But for whatever reason, I’m partial to Westbrook and Perkins. Loved Westbrook from the start, when he was a wild, unbroken rookie. Loved Perk as soon as he hit town scowling, talking about nothing but winning and how games are won.
Perkins is the most interesting guy on the team to talk to. Nick Collison and Nazr Mohammed are next in line; what is it about the big guys?
Anyway, to me, Westbrook and Perkins are the two most compelling figures on the team. Which made the all-NBA team, announced Thursday, fascinating.
Westbrook: second-team all-NBA.
Perkins: three points in the voting.
All I can say is wow. First, Westbrook. After a meteoric rise from unsung draft pick to promising rookie to emerging star to these NBA playoffs where Westbrook has become a lightning rod for debate and discourse, Westbrook’s status was confirmed with the voting. Superstar. One of the 10 best players in the NBA.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 22176Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12149Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10702Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8805Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8651Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8107Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7311Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7062Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6971UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients