OU basketball: Kruger preaching students
Lon Kruger preached students the day he was named OU’s basketball coach. He’s still preaching students. Kruger, addressing Sooner fans in Dallas earlier this month, again said student involvement is critical to a rebirth of Sooner hoops.
“We’ve got to get the students back in Lloyd Noble” Center, Kruger said. “Anytime there’s a great crowd around the country, the cornerstone is the students.”
Kruger has campaigned to student groups on campus, trying to revive interest in a program that has been successful over the years but has staggered the last two seasons.
“It’s an honor for me to join the Sooner team,” Kruger said. “I always thought the Oklahoma brand was very strong, very powerful. That brand is really, really good. Every team sets a really high bar.
“Oklahoma’s got a very proud tradition. All those great players. Just outstanding tradition.”
Kruger reiterated his desire to hear from fans. He originally set up an email account for fans to write suggestions; now, OU has set up a twitter account (twitter.com/LonKruger).
“Tweet us, twitter us, tweeter us,” Kruger said. “We’ll respond. We want you to take ownership. It’s your program.”
Kruger on a few other subjects:
On style of play: “Guys will play really hard. That’s kind of a given. We’re going to push the ball offensively and attack defensively, try to create offense out of defense. To do that, we’ve gotta rebound the ball.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients