OU football: Morning kickoff not kind to Sooners
Fans generally dislike the 11 a.m. kickoff for OU-Texas in the Cotton Bowl. Here’s another reason for Sooner fans to dislike it. It hasn’t been kind to them.
Under Bob Stoops, the Sooners are 7-5 against Texas. But they are 2-3 in the early time slot, 5-2 in the afternoon time slot.
OU-Texas will be another 11 a.m. kickoff this season. Here are the 11 a.m. kicks in the Stoops era:
2000: OU 63-14
2004: OU 12-0
2008: Texas 45-35
2009: Texas 16-13
Plus, there was Texas’ 45-12 rout in 2005, which kicked off at noon.
The Sooners have fared much better in the 2:30 p.m. time slot.
1999: Texas 38-28
2001: OU 14-3
2002: OU 35-24
2003: OU 65-13
2006: Texas 28-10
2007: OU 28-21
2010: OU 28-20
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11499Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8698Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 7434How to help tornado victims
- 4914Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 2111Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 1490Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 1406Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 954Hospitals treat more than 120 after Oklahoma tornado
- 936Expert rips Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation's handling of murder case
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients