Big 12 football: Gundy confident in Monken’s play-calling
Todd Monken has very little play-calling experience. He called plays in the 1990s at Eastern Michigan but not since.
Mike Gundy, who hired Monken to be Oklahoma State’s offensive coordinator, is not worried.
“He doesn’t have a lot of play-calling experience,” Gundy said Monday during Big 12 football media days. “But he’s been very involved with it.”
When Gundy called plays at OSU for Les Miles’ teams 2001-04, Monken was involved. Same with Monken at LSU under Miles and with the NFL’s Jacksonville Jaguars, who made Monken their quarterback coach before Gundy hired him away.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 37007Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32519Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 27986Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 8311Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6200OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3643College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3643Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3356Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
- 3265Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3234George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients