OU football: How much will Travis Lewis be missed?
Travis Lewis has a broken toe, but that doesn’t necessarily mean OU has another linebacker void.
The Sooners will play 2011 without the late Austin Box, who died in May of a painkiller overdose. The loss of Box will be felt emotionally and spiritually and physically. OU does not have a ready middle linebacker to replace Box, though Tom Wort figures to give it the old college try.
Now the Sooners will be without Lewis for as much as eight weeks, doctors say, which would mean he’d be back for Texas on Oct. 8 but not for Florida State on Sept. 17.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11753Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10515Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9760Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9740Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6752Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4200Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 4065Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 3847Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3762Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 3552OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients