OU football: All access shows another side of Ryan Broyles
ESPN’s All Access show with OU football revealed a different side of Ryan Broyles. Since emerging as a superstar, Broyles has shown a pleasant, low-key personality that belies his ultra-competitive nature on the field. But in the hour-long show Tuesday night, Broyles seemed to be king of the talkers. The offense’s answer to Travis Lewis.
Now, you never know what someone really is like. When a camera shows up, some people turn the personality down, some turn it up. Some are the same. And editing could go either way. I guy could talk for three minutes total over three weeks, and all three minutes make the cut. A guy could talk for 30 minutes a day, and it all ends up in the scrap heap. So who knows?
But in the show, Broyles was all over his defensive teammates, talking smack after catches during practice.
I found that wildly interesting. Especially after our man Mike Baldwin’s interesting story from a few days ago on how Broyles doesn’t like to get close to people. http://newsok.com/sooners-ryan-broyles-cant-be-touched/article/3594830?custom_click=rss You’d think a guy who gets claustrophobic in the huddle would stay as far away as possible from anyone. But there was Broyles, jawing right in teammates’ faces.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 81018Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 30448Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 30137Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 25654Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8097Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7386Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7344Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
- 7225Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 7035Oklahoma storms: 2 Shawnee men victims of deadly tornado
- 6666Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients