Thunder: Revised NBA schedule creates some conflicts
Bedlam basketball just can’t catch a break. The first OU-OSU men’s basketball game this season, Jan. 9, is pitted against the Big Bowl, LSU vs. Alabama for the national title. And with the revised NBA schedule, the second Bedlam game, Feb. 22, goes head-to-head with the Celtics playing the Thunder at Chesapeake Arena.
In fact, the Thunder’s condensed schedule — 66 games in 132 days — creates a variety of conflicts wth major sporting events.
Jan. 2: The OSU-Stanford Fiesta Bowl. The Thunder plays at Dallas that night. Lots of channel flipping. If you want to DVR one game and watch it later, tape the football game. Fox Sports Oklahoma might not spoil the Fiesta Bowl for you. ESPN most definitely will spoil Thunder-Mavs for you.
Jan. 14: The Knickerbockers are in town the night of a NFL conference semifinal. Could be the Dallas Cowboys.
March 10: The Bobcats play at OKC the night of the Big 12 Tournament championship game. Wouldn’t it be cool if the Sooners or Cowboys were in the finals of a tournament in which they used to excel?
March 16: Spurs at OKC, the night of the final eight games of the first round of March Madness.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 17374Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 16681Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 7769Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients