OU football: Calling all tailbacks
A hot idea floating the OU chat rooms is this: Javon Harris at tailback. Why not?
Harris is in the doghouse as a safety. The Sooners are getting woefully shy at tailback. Harris was a high school tailback good enough to keep Lawton MacArthur teammate Dominique Whaley out of the starting position. Why not give Harris a look, either in the spring or heck, in the next week leading up to the Insight Bowl.
With only two healthy tailbacks left, and Roy Finch and Brennan Clay being of the smaller variety, the Sooners are looking for a little beef. Trey Millard figures to get some tailback play against Iowa, but when Millard plays tailback, that means OU is deficient at fullback. Harris is a big, strong, physical player. I can see him as a short-yardage tailback.
I know this. Bob Stoops recognizes the need.
Before the press conference Monday, I was standing around talking with Stoops. Old pal Myron Patton of KREF radio and Fox-25 TV walked up. For whatever reason, I thought Myron had lost some weight and said so. Nope, Myron said. Same as always. “Just wearing bigger clothes,” Stoops cracked.
But Myron said he was still at his standard weight, 195 pounds. “Tailback weight,” Myron said.
Under his breath, Stoops said, “I’ll take you.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24112Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13400Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10660Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10343UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7789Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6928Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6551Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6286Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6076Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4932OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients