Oklahoma City Thunder: Northwest Division still on top
A few weeks ago, we checked out the NBA’s divisions, ranking them one through six, based on combined record.
The Northwest Division, led by the Thunder, ranked No. 1. And nothing has changed.
The Northwest ranks No. 1 by a wide margin, with its five teams collectively 26 games over .500. The Southwest is second, at just nine games over .500. Here are the rankings:
1. Northwest +26: OKC 37-12, Utah 26-23, Denver 26-23, Minnesota 24-26, Portland 23-26. When your last-place team is just three games under .500 and would be in the playoff race if it had any desire to be, you’ve got a heck of a division.
2. Southwest +9: San Antonio 33-14, Dallas 28-22, Memphis 26-21, Houston 26-23, New Orleans 12-36. The Hornets drag down the Southwest. At the top and in the middle, the Southwest trumps the Northwest. But the Hornets are so bad, the Southwest can’t recover.
3. Central +7: Chicago 40-10, Indiana 28-19, Milwaukee 22-26, Cleveland 17-29, Detroit 16-32. A fairly-balanced division. Great team at the top, solid up-and-comer second, a playoff contender in the middle, a rebuilding but interesting team in Cleveland and a routine rumdum at the end.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients