Mercer basketball: CIT title for Bob Hoffman
Long-time Oklahoma coach Bob Hoffman has another championship. His Mercer University basketball team won the collegeinsider.com Tournament, beating Utah State 70-67 in Logan, Utah, on Wednesday night. Sure, the CIT is a fourth-tier tournament, but Mercer, a member of the Atlantic Sun Conference, was impressive in winning its final three tournament games on the road. Mercer won at Old Dominion, Fairfield and Utah State.
Hoffman has a couple of Oklahomans on his roster. Monty Brown, a 6-foot-11 sophomore from Liberty, played 10 minutes in the championship game, with four points and one rebound. Brown averaged 4.7 points and 2.5 rebounds for Mercer, which finished 27-11 this season. Brown actually graduated from the Hotchkiss School in Lakeville, Conn.
Marquisse Jackson, a 6-foot-5 junior from Bartlesville, played 26 minutes all season and didn’t score.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26273Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 15002Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7114OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5706Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5522OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4689Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3649Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3600Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3343Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3206Oklahoma City Thunder: The time has come for OKC's young players
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients