Oklahoma City Thunder: Return to Santa Monica
The Thunder staged their morning shootaround Friday on familiar ground — the secondary gym at Santa Monica High School. It’s where the Thunder usually stages shootaround when in Los Angeles for games against either the Clippers or the Lakers.
The Thunder likes Santa Monica High School because it’s within walking distance of the team hotel, the Casa del Mar, which is on the beach, right next to the famed Santa Monica Pier. I wrote about the gym two years ago, during the Thunder-Laker series. You can read that blog here.
The gym is not old school cool. It’s old school old. Ceiling tiles missing. Ants scrambling around the baseboards. No bleachers. Dead wood. Musty smell. But it makes you think of basketball.
I shot some video, talking to the Thunder players about their home away from home. The guys back in the studio put together a nice package. You can see it here.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients