College football: Ranking the non-conference schedules
For the past week, I’ve ranked the non-conference schedules of major college football teams, by conference. Today, let’s go national. There are 68 teams in the six power conferences, so let’s rank all 68 in terms of non-conference scheduling prowess.
1. Michigan: Alabama at Arlington, Texas; Air Force, Massachusetts, at Notre Dame.
2. Syracuse: Northwestern, Southern Cal, Stony Brook, at Minnesota, at Missouri.
3. Miami: at Kansas State, Bethune-Cookman, Notre Dame at Chicago, South Florida.
4. Michigan State: Boise State, at Central Michigan, Notre Dame, Eastern Michigan.
5. Clemson: Auburn at Atlanta, Ball State, Furman, South Carolina.
6. South Florida: Chattanooga, at Nevada, at Ball State, Florida State, at Miami.
7. Oregon State: Nicholls State, Wisconsin, at Brigham Young.
8. Georgia Tech: Presbyterian, Middle Tennessee, BYU, at Georgia.
9. Pittsburgh: Youngstown State, Virginia Tech, Gardner-Webb, at Buffalo, at Notre Dame.
10. Virginia: Richmond, Penn State, at TCU, Louisiana Tech.
11. Southern Cal: Hawaii; Syracuse at East Rutherford, N.J.; Notre Dame.
12. UCLA: at Rice, Nebraska, Houston.
13. Louisville: Kentucky, Missouri State, North Carolina, at Florida International, at Southern Mississippi.
14. Missouri: Southeastern Louisiana, Arizona State, at Central Florida, Syracuse.
15. Washington: San Diego State, at LSU, Portland State.
16. Maryland: William & Mary, at Temple, Connecticut, at West Virginia.
17. Arizona State: Northern Arizona, Illinois, at Missouri.
18. California: Nevada, Southern Utah, at Ohio State.
19. Florida State: Murray State, Savannah State, at South Florida, Florida.
20. Boston College: Maine, at Northwestern, at Army, Notre Dame.
21. South Carolina: East Carolina, Alabama-Birmingham, Wofford, at Clemson.
22. Stanford: San Jose State, Duke, at Notre Dame.
23. Temple: Villanova, Maryland, at Penn State, at Army.
24. Wake Forest: Liberty, Army, at Notre Dame, Vanderbilt.
25. Virginia Tech: Austin Peay, at Pitt, Bowling Green, Cincinnati.
26. North Carolina State: Tennessee at Atlanta, at Connecticut, South Alabama, The Citadel.
27. Oklahoma: at UTEP, Florida A&M, Notre Dame.
28. Northwestern: at Syracuse, Vanderbilt, Boston College, South Dakota.
29. Iowa State: Tulsa, at Iowa, Western Illinois.
30. Nebraska: Southern Mississippi, at UCLA, Arkansas State, Idaho State.
31. Kansas State: Missouri State, Miami, North Texas.
32. Florida: Bowling Green, Louisiana-Lafayette, Jacksonville State, at Florida State.
33. Alabama: Michigan at Arlington, Texas; Western Kentucky; Florida Atlantic; Western Carolina.
34. Connecticut: Massachusetts; North Carolina State; at Maryland; at Western Michigan; Buffalo.
35. Mississippi: Central Arkansas, Texas-El Paso, Texas, Tulane.
36. Arizona: Toledo, Oklahoma State, South Carolina State.
37. Auburn: Clemson at Atlanta, Louisiana-Monroe, New Mexico State, Alabama A&M.
38. TCU: Grambling State, Virginia, at SMU.
39. Vanderbilt: at Northwestern, Presbyterian, Massachusetts, at Wake Forest.
40. Washington State: at Brigham Young, Eastern Washington, at Nevada-Las Vegas.
41. Rutgers: at Tulane, Howard, at Arkansas, Kent State, Army.
42. Penn State: Ohio, at Virginia, Navy, Temple.
43. Purdue: Eastern Kentucky, at Notre Dame, Eastern Michigan, Marshall.
44. Utah: Northern Colorado, at Utah State, Brigham Young.
45. Cincinnati: Delaware State; Virginia Tech at East Rutherford, N.J.; Miami-Ohio; Fordham; Toledo.
46. Ohio State: Miami-Ohio, Central Florida, California, Alabama-Birmingham.
47. Georgia: Buffalo, Florida Atlantic, Georgia Southern, Georgia Tech.
48. North Carolina: Elon, at Louisville, East Carolina, Idaho.
49. Illinois: Western Michigan, at Arizona State, Charleston Southern, Louisiana Tech.
50. Duke: Florida International, at Stanford, North Carolina Central, Memphis.
51. Texas: Wyoming, New Mexico, at Ole Miss.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 69024Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31222Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 29103Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 19272Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6654Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6511Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 5366Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 5240Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 4922Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 4912Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients