Big 12 rankings: Iowa State stays No. 1
Another week, another Big 12 football rankings. Remember, these rankings are based not on what teams have done in the past, or what teams are expected to do, but what they have done in this 2012 season.
1. Iowa State 3-0: Cyclones routed Western Illinois 37-3, but ISU deserved a breather, after two victories as underdogs, over Tulsa and Iowa.
2. Texas 3-0: Like it or not, the Longhorns — and quarterback David Ash — were impressive in a 66-31 rout at Mississippi. Any victory in an SEC stadium is solid, even if it is at an SEC rumdum like Ole Miss.
3. Kansas State 3-0: The Wildcats’ rout of Miami still holds traction, but KSU is going to have to prove itself away from Manhattan.
4. West Virginia 2-0: Same with the Mountaineers, who need to play a road game — James Madison at the Redskins’ stadium doesn’t count.
5. Texas Tech 3-0: Winning at Texas State matters. I don’t know for how much longer, but it matters.
6. TCU 2-0: Winning 20-6 at Kansas was a solid start to the Frogs’ Big 12 journey.
7. OU 2-0: OU and TCU are interchangeable. At Kansas, at Texas-El Paso, about the same.
8. Baylor 3-0: The Bears’ rout of SMU looks worse and worse. Baylor was pressed into the fourth quarter by I-AA Sam Houston State.
9. OSU 2-1: Routing overmatched teams at home don’t do much for your stock when you lose by 21 points at Arizona.
10. Kansas 1-2: Another home loss, this to TCU. The Jayhawks have lost at home to TCU and Rice. Drats. KU doesn’t host Baylor. Not too many teams ever have lost at home to TCU, Rice and Baylor; not even those schools who spent 70 years together in the Southwest Conference.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 81135Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32459Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 5362Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 3318Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients