College football: Week 6 predictions
Remember the scene from “The Jerk”? The new phone books arrive, and Steve Martin goes crazy with delirium. “The new phonebooks are here! The new phonebooks are here!” He was all fired up to see his name published.
I feel the same way this weekend.October has arrived. ”The real college football season is here! The real college football season is here!”
Conference play. Great matchups. Hardly any mismatches. Makes you wonder why we put up with September. Let’s get right to it.
OU at Texas Tech: Red Raiders 31-28. I was thinking this would be a dogfight even before Tech showed it’s a lot better and OU showed it’s a lot worse.
West Virginia at Texas: Longhorns 35-34. Mack Brown will take the air out of the ball. UT will control the clock and limit Geno Smith’s opportunities.
Kansas at Kansas State: Wildcats 42-11. I regretted this score as soon as I posted it. It’s going to be a lot worse.
Iowa State at TCU: Horned Frogs 20-14. After this one, Texas Christian goes to Baylor, then hosts Texas Tech. Could TCU be unbeaten when it goes to Stillwater on Oct. 27?
Georgia at South Carolina: Bulldogs 24-23. I’m buying on Georgia. I’m selling on the Gamecocks. But this should be a heck of a game.
LSU at Florida: Tigers 22-17. A month ago, LSU looked invincible. The Gators looked vincible. But times have changed.
Mississippi State at Kentucky: Bulldogs 31-14. I’m told that on the Kentucky radio pregame show last week, the announcers were discussing who would replace Joker Phillips. Ouch.
Arkansas at Auburn: Tigers 41-21. I refuse to pick the Razorbacks to even make it close. Rest of the year.
Vanderbilt at Missouri: Tigers 28-22. The James Franklin Bowl is won by the quarterback, not by the coach.
Texas A&M at Ole Miss: Aggies 27-20. A&M redshirt freshman Johnny Manziel is playing well. But don’t all young Aggie quarterbacks shine? It’s when they get to be seniors that they stink.
UCLA at California: Golden Bears 30-20. Why was everyone so excited about UCLA? I don’t get it.
Washington at Oregon: Ducks 44-24. All SEC foes should light a candle for Oregon. The best hope to stop the SEC domination.
Washington State at Oregon State: Beavers 42-24. Mike Riley for Comeback Coach of the Year.
Arizona at Stanford: Cardinal 31-21. Parity is starting to creep back into the Pac-12, which 10 years ago as the Pac-10 was the epitome of equality.
Southern Cal at Utah: Trojans 35-16. Utes would have made a great addition to the Pac-12 about four years ago. Now, they and Colorado are just dragging down the league.
Miami vs. Notre Dame at Chicago: Fighting Irish 24-20. Hurricanes have learned how to win the close ones. Keep this one close, and they’ve got a chance.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 60552Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32931Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 31925Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 12639Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 8214Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5947Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3659Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 3421Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3336George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3296OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients