NFL predictions: Week 5
The NFL’s Week 5 arrives, and it’s sort of a dud week. Only a couple of marquee matchups. But the game in Foxboro is a matchup for the ages.
Cardinals at Rams: Arizona 20-13. The battle for St. Louis’ heart. When I see the Cardinal helmets, I still think “St. Louis.” When I see the Ram helmets, I still think, “Why did they add gold to those great blue and white helmets?”
Eagles at Steelers: Pittsburgh 24-20. I’m not discounting the Steelers, despite their 1-2 start. But I do like Philly. Winning close games is not a sign of weakness. It’s a sign of strength.
Packers at Colts: Green Bay 44-17. The Pack is due a blowout, and Indianapolis has to be crushed with the tragic news of coach Chuck Pagano.
Dolphins at Bengals: Cincinnati 23-17. This is Marvin Lewis’ 10th season coaching the Bengals? Can you believe it?
Browns at Giants: New York 38-7. Cleveland put up a good fight last week against Baltimore, and Brandon Weeden looked solid. I can’t imagine that kind of performance two weeks running.
Ravens at Chiefs: Kansas City 24-23. Baltimore’s had a tough schedule and has responded. The Ravens are due a letdown.
Falcons at Redskins: Washington 30-27. Whose future do you like best? Robert Griffin or Cam Newton? I’ll take RG3.
Seahawks at Panthers: Carolina 20-17. Seattle’s defense is great, but that Seattle offense can’t keep up.
Bears at Jaguars: Chicago 33-14. Watch out for the Bears. Jay Cutler is a total mess, but he can quarterback at times, and with that defense, Chicago is a Super Bowl contender.
Titans at Vikings: Minnesota 27-14. Ladies and gentlemen, your NFC North leaders. The Vikings.
Broncos at Patriots: New England 31-30. Sudden thought. Is Peyton Manning vs. Tom Brady the greatest quarterback rivalry of all time? I need to research. I’ll get on that next week.
Bills at 49ers: San Francisco 30-6. Uh-oh.
Chargers at Saints: New Orleans 41-31. Not too many times can you get excited about an 0-4 team on Sunday Night Football, but the Saints make rubber-neckers out of us all.
Texans at Jets: New York 20-19. Upset special. The Jetropolitans are the kind of team that rise just when you’re about to bury them. Not that they will sustain it.
Last week: 11-4. Season: 38-25.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients