Big 12 football: Road teams dominate
The Big 12 has some tough places to play. Norman. Stillwater. Morgantown. Lubbock. But road teams are thriving in Big 12 play this season.
In the nine conference games played so far, road teams are 7-2. And three are heavy favorites on Saturday — West Virginia at Texas Tech, OSU at Kansas and Kansas State at Iowa State.
What’s going on? Last year, Big 12 home teams were 25-15 in conference play, and that was with league champion OSU winning in Columbia, College Station, Austin and Lubbock, and OU losing a conference home game (Texas Tech) for the first time in 10 years.
If the favorites win Saturday, Big 12 road teams will be 10-3. Amazing.
Iowa State lost at home to Tech but won at TCU. OU lost at home to K-State but won at Lubbock. Texas won at Stillwater but lost at home to West Virginia.
Generally, winning on the road puts you ahead of the pack. This season in the Big 12, winning on the road just keeps you abreast of your competitors.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients