Big 12 football: Kansas State stays atop rankings
Another week of Big 12 football, another week of road team success. Road teams went 3-1 Saturday in the Big 12 (OU-Texas was on a neutral field), and home teams now are 3-10 in Big 12 Conference play. That’s an amazing turnaround from recent years:
No Big 12 coach would take a road game over a home game, but also no team appears afraid of a road game. This week’s Big 12 games are Kansas State at West Virginia, Iowa State at OSU, Kansas at OU, Texas Tech at TCU and Texas at Baylor. Expect more road teams to win.
Here are this week’s Big 12 rankings:
1. Kansas State 3-0, 6-0: Win at Morgantown, and K-State is in the driver’s seat.
2. Oklahoma 2-1, 4-1: Sooners need some help against the Wildcats.
3. Texas Tech 2-1, 5-1: Only loss at home to OU.
4. West Virginia 2-1, 5-1: Only loss at home to Tech.
5. Iowa State 2-1, 4-2: Cyclones gave it a go against K-State.
6. TCU 2-1, 5-1: Horned Frogs with a huge win at Baylor in the post-Casey Pachall era.
7. Texas 1-2, 4-2: Alarming meltdown in Dallas. Longhorns
8. Baylor 0-2, 3-2: Walloped at home by TCU.
9. OSU 1-1, 3-2: Not a good showing in Lawrence. Best win remains over Louisiana-Lafayette.
10. Kansas 0-3, 1-5: Jayhawks playing better, though record doesn’t show it.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients