College football predictions: Week 8
Showdowns in the SEC, Big 12 and Big Ten highlight college football’s eighth week.
Kansas at OU: Sooners 37-10. There have been stretches when Kansas football was decent. This is not those times.
Iowa State at OSU: Cyclones 27-25. Upset special. The Cowboys are beat up, haven’t beaten a representative team yet and now face a blue-collar opponent that can ugly up the game. If Wes Lunt doesn’t play, OSU is in trouble.
Texas Tech at TCU: Red Raiders 30-21. What a good matchup. A couple of resilient teams. The winner could be tied for first place in the Big 12.
Baylor at Texas: Longhorns 40-30. Hard to get excited about either team after their no-shows last Saturday. But at least the ‘Horns are at home.
Kansas State at West Virginia: Mountaineers 33-31. All the Big 12 is pulling for the Mountaineers. If K-State wins, the league race is turning purple very quickly.
Rice at Tulsa: Golden Hurricane 41-19. Tulsa seems on a collision course with the Liberty Bowl.
Florida State at Miami: Seminoles 34-25. What if the ACC doesn’t have a single good team? FSU and Clemson probably are good, but man, sometimes it’s hard to tell.
Virginia Tech at Clemson: Tigers 38-20. Even with a loss, the Hokies won’t be out of the ACC race. V-Tech is 4-3 overall, 2-1 in the ACC.
North Carolina at Duke: Tar Heels 38-34. If Florida State beats Miami, the UNC-Duke winner leads the ACC Coastal Division. Amazing.
Wake Forest at Virginia: Cavaliers 31-24. Virginia makes its case that it’s NOT the ACC’s worst team.
Boston College at Georgia Tech: Yellowjackets 37-20. Firing Al Groh as defensive coordinator was a low-class move, Paul Johnson. Not in mid-season.
North Carolina State at Maryland: Wolfpack 28-23. Tom O’Brien is turning N.C. State into a solid program.
Penn State at Iowa: Nittany Lions 21-12. Don’t ask how, but the Hawkeyes are unbeaten in Big Ten play. That won’t stick.
Michigan State at Michigan: Wolverines 27-7. This is usually a great game, but the Spartans stink. I’m not optimistic.
Nebraska at Northwestern: Wildcats 28-27. This game ultimately could decide the Legends Division of the Big Ten.
Purdue at Ohio State: Buckeyes 51-31. Boilermakers have become a big disappointment. Ohio State should be kicking itself for taking post-season penalty in 2012 instead of 2011.
Minnesota at Wisconsin: Badgers 34-19. Wisconsin starting to find its stride after a woeful start.
Indiana at Navy: Hoosiers 39-24. After a couple of close calls, against Michigan State and Ohio State, Kevin Wilson gets a much-needed victory.
LSU at Texas A&M: Bayou Bengals 20-16. I had it all wrong. I thought Missouri would play well in its maiden SEC season, while the Aggies would struggle. The opposite is true.
Alabama at Tennessee: Crimson Tide 31-19. Grand old rivalry could use a big upset.
Auburn at Vanderbilt: Commodores 25-17. The news just keeps getting worse for Gene Chizik, who seems to have the worst team in the SEC.
South Carolina at Florida: Gators 26-17. Steve Spurrier’s homecoming is more showdown than reunion. Gamecocks conclude a murderous three-game stretch.
Georgia at Kentucky: Bulldogs 42-12. Can Auburn play Kentucky?
Oregon at Arizona State: Ducks 44-28. Thursday Night Football. The Ducks’ 2007 national title hopes ended on a Thursday night, with a 34-24 loss at Arizona.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24265Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15789Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10553Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9606Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9126Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8599Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8494Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7618Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 7497Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6747UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients