Oklahoma State football: Kickoff returns no longer a strength
OSU already has lost one football game in large part because of a kickoff return – D.J. Monroe’s 100-yard return in the second quarter that gave Texas a 21-14 lead en route to a 41-36 victory.
Now to Stillwater comes another superb kick returner, West Virginia’s Tavon Austin on Saturday, a week after the Cowboys gave up another 100-yard return, to Kansas State’s Tylen Lockett. Lockett’s TD didn’t cost OSU the victory — the Wildcats won 44-30 – but it didn’t help.
And that leads to some trouble for OSU. Quinn Sharp has kicked off 59 times this season and produced 47 touchbacks. But two of his 12 non-touchbacks have been returned for touchdowns.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17897Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 15383Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11506Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11200'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10732Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9276OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8256Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6910Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6624Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 6479Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients