College football predictions: Week 11
College football’s 11th week arrives, with fewer marquee games than last week. This week is largely about teams trying to get bowl eligible or position themselves for better bowls.
Baylor at Oklahoma: Sooners. 56-24. I’m thinking I might be a little low on the OU side of the score. Baylor twice has scored at least 50 points in a game this season and lost.
West Virginia at Oklahoma State: Cowboys 48-42. I wish I knew who was quarterbacking the Cowboys. Wes Lunt. Clint Chelf. Heck, dismiss J.W. Walsh at your own risk. But I don’t think it really matters.
Kansas State at TCU: Wildcats 33-24. I’m assuming Collin Klein plays. If he doesn’t, I’m calling this one for the Frogs.
Kansas at Texas Tech: Red Raiders 31-8. Tech’s season took a mighty tumble last week. The Red Raiders could have used a victory over Texas for bowl positioning and self esteem.
Iowa State at Texas: Cyclones 28-27. Big 12 upset special. A good way to pick a Longhorn game is to guess that the Longhorns will play opposite from the previous week. And the Longhorns were good last week against Tech.
Texas A&M at Alabama: Crimson Tide 29-13. The Bear Bryant Bowl. Or the Dennis Franchione Bowl. Heck, call it the Jackie Sherrill Bowl, since ol’ Jack played at Alabama and coached at A&M. No matter what, Bama wins.
Georgia at Auburn: Bulldogs 49-7. Georgia secures its spot in the SEC title game.
Mississippi State at LSU: Tigers 21-10. Bulldogs were exposed as a fraud last week against A&M.
Arkansas at South Carolina: Gamecocks 31-16. A disastrous season limps along for the Razorbacks.
Vanderbilt at Ole Miss: Rebels 31-30. Winner gets bowl eligible. Loser will have to fight to get there.
Missouri at Tennessee: Volunteers 36-28. A battle of 4-5 teams. Tennessee closes at Vanderbilt and home against Kentucky. Mizzou closes with Syracuse at home, then at A&M.
Louisiana-Lafayette at Florida: Gators 38-18. Non-conference games late in the season can be cool. OU-Notre Dame. Florida State-Florida. South Carolina-Clemson. Southern Cal-Notre Dame. Then there’s this one.
Arizona State at Southern Cal: Trojans 54-24. Sun Devils, 5-4 in Todd Graham’s first year, will get bowl eligible, but not this week. Washington State next week will do the trick.
Oregon at California: Ducks 28-20. Golden Bears are 3-1 at home against Oregon since 2002, with the Ducks’ only victory 15-13 two years ago.
Oregon State at Stanford: Beavers 21-19. Upset special. Stanford is favored, but why? Oregon State has played well on the road, winning at UCLA, Arizona and BYU, with a three-point loss at Washington.
Utah at Washington: Huskies 29-23. UW quietly could have a nice season. The 5-4 Huskies finish with road games at Colorado and Washington State.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10886Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10691Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9835Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9009Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5206Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4290Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3855OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3630Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 3502How to help tornado victims
- 3466Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients