Big 12 football: Weekly rankings
Time for the final Big 12 football rankings before the seasons’ end, complete this week with how the teams were picked in preseason:
1. Kansas State (7-1, 10-1): The Wildcats were picked sixth in preseason, though I had them fourth. I missed badly. The league-wide media missed by a mile.
2. Oklahoma (7-1, 9-2): The Sooners were picked first in preseason, though I had them second. One of us will be right.
3. Oklahoma State (5-3, 7-4): The Cowboys were picked fourth, though I had them third. Again, one of us will be right, though both are on target.
4. Texas (5-3, 8-3): The Longhorns were picked third, though I picked them fifth. UT can finish as high as third, as low as a tie for fourth with a team that beat the ‘Horns. So both are close.
5. TCU (4-4, 7-4): The Horned Frogs were picked fifth by both me and the media. Looks like we knew what we were talking about.
6. Texas Tech (4-5, 7-5): The Red Raiders were picked ninth, though I picked them eighth. Tech will finish no lower than a tie for sixth and could have sixth all by their lonesome.
7. West Virginia (3-5, 6-5): The Mountaineers were picked second, though I picked them to win it. We whiffed, totally.
8. Iowa State (3-6, 6-6): The Cyclones were picked eighth, though I had them seventh. ISU could finish in a tie for seventh, but no higher.
9. Baylor (3-5, 6-5): The Bears were picked seventh, though I picked them ninth. Baylor could get as high as a tie for sixth, which would be a heck of a season.
10. Kansas (0-8, 1-10): Everyone picked them last. And last the Jayhawks will be.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients