Big 12 football: 2013 non-conference schedules more of the same
The 2013 Big 12 football non-conference schedules are more of the same. Some schools more than pulling their weight. Some schools standing on the side, letting others do the heavy lifting. Here are the non-conference opponents of each Big 12 school, ranked in order from toughest to easiest:
1. Oklahoma: Louisiana-Monroe, Tulsa, at Notre Dame. The Irish are playing for the national championship. Tulsa and Louisiana-Monroe have had solid mid-major seasons.
2. Texas Christian: LSU at Arlington, SMU, Southeastern Louisiana. The Frogs get Les Miles’ Bayou Bengals to come to JerryWorld. What a game to open the season.
3. Texas: New Mexico State, at Brigham Young, Ole Miss. Solid schedule. Playing in Provo won’t be easy, plus a home against a decent SEC team that made a lot of progress in 2012 after the ‘Horns administered a September whipping.
4. Iowa State: Northern Iowa, Iowa, at Tulsa. The Cyclones always represent. The Iowa series is good, and the home-and-home with Tulsa is a sign that the Cyclones aren’t looking for automatic victories. Even the in-state Northern Iowa series is better than some, since UNI is a good I-AA program.
5. Oklahoma State: Mississippi State at Houston, at Texas-San Antonio, Lamar. The Mississippi State game at Reliant Stadium is an excellent season opener. And though UTSA was scheduled as an automatic victory, at least the Cowboys are going on the road.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients