Oklahoma State football: 40 wins in four years
With his three boys in tow, Mike Gundy took the makeshift podium on the Cotton Bowl turf and took in the scene. His team was not with him. The Cowboys had assembled in front of the OSU fans to sing the alma mater.
A few minutes later, with the Cowboys assembled around Gundy, he took the microphone and thanked three parties. 1) The bowl organizers. 2) The OSU fans. 3) The OSU seniors.
The Cowboys’ 58-14 rout of Purdue gave the seniors 40 wins the last four seasons. Only the 2011 seniors had produced such a winning standard. From 2008-11, OSU went 41-11. From 2009-12, OSU went 40-12.
That’s quite a winning track. Guys like Lane Taylor and Cooper Bassett and Isaiah Anderson and Brodrick Brown and Andrae May and Evan Epstein and Nigel Nicholas and Kye Staley and Jonathan Rush and Quinn Sharp and all the seniors have helped produce an impressive run of seasons in Stillwater.
The last four seasons, here are the schools with at least 40 victories:
49: Boise State
43: LSU, TCU, Oregon, Stanford
41: Ohio State, Northern Illinois
40: OSU, OU
Pretty salty company. And if you want to make this a five-year run, you can add the 9-4 in 2008, which makes OSU 49-16 over five years and makes the club no less exclusive.
“Just proud of our senior class, proud of the preparation of our team,” GUndy said. “They handled themselves very professionally over the last three weeks, especially the last five days.”
The Cowboys have handled themselves well for five years.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17700Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8160OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6156Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6118Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5947OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4682Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4603Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3471Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3463Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 3304As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients