Oklahoma football: More on Texas A&M’s offense
I wrote about the Texas A&M offense, how it went to the SEC, produced big numbers and validated Big 12 offenses, which sometimes are discounted as merely taking advantage of leaky Big 12 defenses. You can read that column here.
But I had some leftover comments from Sooners, talking about Texas A&M’s offensive success in its maiden season in the Southeastern Conference and how it relates to the OU-A&M Cotton Bowl on Friday night. Here they are.
Defensive end R.J. Washington: “They’re a walking reflection of that (Big 12 offenses’ prowess). Pretty much play that zone read, spread it out, throw it around kind of offense. Not a typical SEC, run-run-run, play-action kind of thing. They lead the SEC in every offensive category. I think it says a lot to the Big 12 and it says a lot to what kind of game this is going to be.”
Quarterback Landry Jones: ” This just showed how explosive this conference is. Shows how well we do on offense, how we’re able throw the ball around. It was exciting to see them have some success down there.”
Center Gabe Ikard: “They’re in the Big 12 last year and had a lot of success in the SEC. Just glad we have the opportunity here in the Big 12 to play them” in the Cotton Bowl.
Split end Kenny Stills: “Early on in the season, I even tweeted something about A&M playing well in the SEC. Definitely proud of them. I watched them all season. I was hoping for the best for them. And Missouri. I’m happy for them. But we know we have to take care of business on Friday.”
Fullback Trey Millard: “We knew they were a good team. They just showed that and proved that. It’s good that they did that. Coming from the Big 12, making that transfer pretty well.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13429Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 13120OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10230Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 8771Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7569Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5530Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5367Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4837Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4836Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4267Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients