College football predictions: Pre-Christmas bowls
Only four bowl games between now and Christmas, which reveals the next wave of bowl development. More games before Christmas. Anyway, let’s get right to the predictions:
Poinsettia: Brigham Young vs. San Diego. Cougars 26-21. I wonder if BYU ever regrets its identity change. The Cougars were on the cutting edge of wing-it and fling-it football, but now they have running quarterbacks who throw footballs the way they would throw a cement block.
Beef O’Brady’s: Central Florida vs. Ball State. Golden Knights 27-24. Have you noticed that the one league unaffected by realignment is the MAC? The Mid-American Conference just flows along, unraided and non-raiding. And rewarded with seven bowl games this season. Not that the MAC will win many.
New Orleans: Louisiana-Lafayette vs. East Carolina. Pirates 37-31. East Carolina continues to have amazing fan support. The Pirates averaged 47,013 fans in 2012. That’s more than Minnesota, TCU, Utah, Georgia Tech, Oregon State and Stanford.
Las Vegas: Boise State vs. Washington. Broncos 21-19. Washington beat Stanford, but otherwise had a disappointing season. Losing to Washington State 31-28 in overtime to finish 7-5? Not good.
Previous week: 15-4. Season: 292-131.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 85341Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16721OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12445Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11152Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9705Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9037How to help tornado victims
- 8773Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8553Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 7603Excessive speed, alcohol, operator inattention contributed to fatal boat crash, report states
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients