Bedlam basketball: Differences in the roster
OU’s 77-68 Bedlam basketball victory Saturday showcased one major difference in these two teams. While the Cowboys clearly have more top-tier talent — Marcus Smart, Markel Brown and, when he plays with his head right, LeBryan Nash — the Sooners have more good players.
Sometimes the former is preferable. Sometimes the latter. This 2013 Big 12 season will be a referendum on which is better.
But clearly the Sooners have more players you can count on. Lon Kruger is playing nine players at least 16 minutes a game. Stephen Pledger 26.4 minutes a game, Romero Osby 24.9, Buddy Hield 24.3, Amath M’Baye 23.6, Je’Lon Hornbeak 22.9, Isaiah Cousins 17.7, Sam Grooms 17.6, Cameron Clark 16.9 and Andrew Fitzgerald 16.1. That’s amazing court-time distribution. Nine players averaging between 26.4 minutes and 16.1 minutes. Fitzgerald has made 75 career starts but now is OU’s No. 9 player. That’s quite a roster transformation.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients