NFL predictions: Conference championship games
We’re down to three football games, and two of them come Sunday. The Super Bowl semifinals. Always a little depressing to know there’s so little football left.
49ers at Falcons: San Francisco 30-20. Is Jim Harbaugh getting enough credit for a wildly-controversial move? Benching Alex Smith in November for the unproven Colin Kaepernick was a move few coaches would have tried. The 49ers were 7-2-1 at the time, coming off an NFC finals appearance the previous season and the loss to the Giants was a special teams snafu, not the fault of Smith. Smith was 20-6-1 as Harbaugh’s quarterback, including 9-3 on the road. Smith had thrown 35 touchdowns and 10 interceptions in the two seasons. But now Kaepernick is a national sensation. On the cover of Sports Illustrated. Give Harbaugh credit. Making an unpopular decision, or a decision that seems counter-intuitive, is what coaches sometimes have to do. And Harbaugh has the 49ers on the cusp of not only cultural change, but the Super Bowl.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36331Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15449Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9864Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9824Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9353Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7992Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7895Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7342Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6304Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6142UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients