QB guru George Whitfield claims Landry Jones is a first-round pick
Landry Jones’ quarterback coach outside of Oklahoma is making news for the former Sooners quarterback again.
Also, Jones met with Kansas City coach Andy Reid, who holds the drafts’ top pick.
“He’s an awesome coach, and it would be an honor to play for him,” Jones said. “This is definitely a wide-open year. There’s a lot of guys with a lot of talent. … The further we get into this process, there’s going to be somebody who puts himself ahead.”
Now, I’m just going to drop in these quotes from George Whitfield and let you go in the comments:
“He’s absolutely a first rounder, especially when you look at not only his class, but classes prior to this one,” Whitfield told USA TODAY Sports at the scouting combine Friday.
“I would say he’s similar to Matt Ryan. Matt Ryan doesn’t wear face paint; he’s not going to fist pump and all that stuff; he’s not going to head-butt his offensive linemen. He’s cool, calculated.
“The Atlanta Falcons took a senior who played an awful lot of games at Boston College, and they hooked that wagon to him. Landry is a little bit bigger than Matt Ryan. … (And) Landry is a master distributor.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients