Oklahoma’s 81st day of practice
— Brandon Chatmon (@BChatmon) February 22, 2013
Je’lon Hornbeak stood at the free throw line, bounced the ball twice, held it in his hands and looked at the rim.
Surrounding him was utter chaos.
Have you ever thought it might be hard for a college basketball player to concentrate on his free throw when the students behind the basket were waving big heads or jumping up randomly like popping popcorn?
None of that compared to what was going on after Oklahoma’s practice on Friday.
A week and a half after losing freshman Buddy Hield, the strongest energy of the team, there was a returned energy to the team — and Hield wasn’t even in the gym.
As his teammates laughed and shouted, they shot at, ran around and dunked on the rim Hornbeak was using to practice his free throws. It isn’t uncommon for the guys to share a rim, though.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14417OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 14044Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8989Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7004Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5982Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5451Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5357Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 4703Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4345Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4109'Hatchet hitchhiker' arrested after attorney found dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients