Big 12 women’s basketball power rankings
A day late, but here’s our latest installment of the Big 12 women’s basketball power rankings.
As usual, the top and bottom of the league is easy to rank. The middle remains hairy.
1. Baylor (27-1, 16-0 Big 12)Last week: 1
Brittney Griner and Co. are gearing up for another deep tournament run.
2. Iowa State (19-6, 10-5)
Last week: 2
ISU holds the edge over Texas Tech because of their sweep of the Lady Radiers.
3. Texas Tech (20-7, 10-5)
Last week: 3
Tech’s four-guard lineup and stingy defense present problems for opponents.
4. West Virginia (17-10, 9-7)
Last week: 6
The Mountaineers have won three in a row, including a two-point victory in Ames.
5. Oklahoma State (19-7, 8-7)
Last week: 5
The Big 12′s most inconsistent team, most emphasized by the Cowgirls’ loss at TCU and Bedlam beatdown of OU in a span of four days. Wednesday night’s contest in Lubbock is a big one for the Cowgirls.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36331Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15449Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9864Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9824Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9353Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7992Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7895Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7342Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6304Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6142UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients