Oklahoma coach Lon Kruger calls OU’s loss to Texas one of the toughest of his career
Take that Oklahoma played 32 minutes of “good basketball.”
Add in that the game was at Texas and then combine that the Sooners didn’t handle the ball well late in the game.
Then mix the fact that this overtime loss to Texas came late in conference play and it’s a recipe for one tough defeat.
Oklahoma coach Lon Kruger called it one of the toughest losses in his career.
“Disappointing,” Kruger said about the loss. “There’s a few (losses) that kind of linger and that one will linger as much as any. … All those things combined make it one of the more disappointing, most difficult to deal with.”
Kruger explained that while he isn’t the type of coach that stays up all night because of a loss, he does have a shortened night of sleep.
“For every loss, you do that to a certain degree,” the second-year OU coach said. “For (Wednesday) night’s loss, probably more so.”
Oklahoma is now in preparation for their next game: Iowa State. The Cyclones also suffered a tough loss this week when they were defeated at home by Kansas in overtime.
“Feeling the same emotions for sure,” Kruger said of his team and the Cyclones. “Iowa State’s had a bit longer to get over their (loss), or dwell on it — whatever they do with it — then we have. Still disappointing losses for sure.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36375Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32316Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 24292Oklahoma tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 8069Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6178OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3621College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3359Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3278Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
- 3188Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3141George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients