Previewing Saturday’s slate of Big 12 hoops games
By Anthony Slater – Aslater@opubco.com - @anthonyVslater
Here is Saturday’s slate of Big 12 hoops games:
Iowa State at Oklahoma (12:30 p.m. on Big 12 Network) - On nationally televised Big Monday, Iowa State had its arena packed and the defending Big 12 champs on the ropes, up four with less than a minute remaining. But a frantic comeback, aided by some questionable officiating, gave Kansas the overtime win. Two days later, on a late night in Austin, OU was cruising with an insurmountable 22-point cushion with less than eight minutes to play. Or, at least we thought it was insurmountable. Texas ended the game on a 47-19 run, stunning the Sooners. Two brutal overtime losses. Two disheartened teams. One will respond with a big win in Norman on Saturday. The other could suddenly find itself on the tourney bubble.
West Virginia at Kansas (1 p.m. on CBS) - Not sure the Moutaineers know what’s about to hit them in their first Big 12 visit to Phog Allen Fieldhouse. And not sure they have enough talent to keep this within 20. Bill Self doesn’t lose in Lawrence, unless, of course, he’s playing against a future lottery pick capable of bullying his guards and backflipping on his court. Don’t imagine one of those is residing in Morgantown these days.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15991OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 14570Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 9562Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 9374Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 9102'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 8275Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 7661Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7564Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7457Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7060Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients