Rapid reaction: OU throttles Iowa State 86-69 for big home win
By Anthony Slater – Aslater@opubco.com - @anthonyVslater
OU jumped out early and cruised to an easy 86-69 win over Iowa State on Saturday. Here’s some rapid reaction:
The Sooners came out like they usually do at home: crisp on offense and active on defense. They had a double-digit lead less than six minutes into the game and, despite some quick shooting spurts by Iowa State’s quick trigger attack, held a comfortable 12-point lead at halftime. Well, comfortable if you didn’t watch Wednesday night’s meltdown in Austin.
It was over when…
…Lon Kruger’s club proved to those in attendance that a lesson had been learned. OU kept the pedal down throughout the final 20 minutes, answering every mini-Cyclone run with a bigger one of its own. That included an impressive 12-1 spurt late in the second half that included 10 points at the free throw line, a place the Sooners thrived on Saturday, going an incredible 34/34 as a team. How incredible?
Star of the game – OU’s seniors
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients