National champion Alabama offers scholarship to Douglass defensive end Deondre Clark
While the basketball state tournament is the first thing on his mind, Douglass junior Deondre Clark got some football news that could seriously impact his future when national champion Alabama extended a scholarship offer to the 6-foot-3, 240-pound defensive end, according to Douglass coach Willis Alexander.
Clark, who set a school record with 22 sacks last season to earn a spot on The Oklahoman’s All-State team, has offers from all across the country, and he has been gaining a lot of interest in the Southeastern Conference.
LSU, Texas A&M, Georgia, Missouri, Ole Miss and several others have offered Clark, and a few of them — along with Alabama — will likely be among his final choices. Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, USC and more than a dozen other schools have offered Clark, who was No. 1 on The Oklahoman’s Super 30 recruiting rankings for the 2014 class.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients