Where Oklahoma athletics director Joe Castiglione stands in USA TODAY’s ‘Athletic director salary database’
On Wednesday, USA TODAY Sports released a database of the salaries of athletic directors across the nation.
The annual average salary of an athletics director in 2013 is $500,000, according to USA TODAY. Oklahoma athletics director Joe Castiglione makes $1,000,000, per the database. But he isn’t the highest paid AD in terms of what the school pays.
This also means Castiglione is the second highest paid athletics director in the Big 12, after Texas.
According to USA TODAY, Castiglione receives no other pay from non-university compensation. However, the database does list that Oklahoma’s athletics director can receive $760,000 in max bonus for “meeting all prescribed performance goals (for instance: departmental academic and financial benchmarks; or competitive achievements of all or specific teams).”
In comparison to Oklahoma’s other Big 12 school, Oklahoma State, Castiglione has a chance to make $1,160,000 more than Cowboys’ athletics director Mike Holder. Holder’s ‘school pay’ is $600,000. According to the database, he has no non-university compensation and also has no max bonus.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12863Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11549Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5770Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5166Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4505OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4325Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 3991Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3926How to help tornado victims
- 3623Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3239Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients