Junior Geneo Grissom listed at tight end on updated roster, but he’s a defensive end
NORMAN — Junior Geneo Grissom is listed on Oklahoma’s updated roster at tight end, but an OU spokesman said that’s an error, and that Grissom should be listed at defensive end.
Grissom, from Hutchinson, Kan., moved to tight end last summer, and Sooners coach Bob Stoops even said in the preseason that Grissom had risen to the top of the depth chart.
But he was suspended for the season opener at UTEP, and never caught on at the new position. By the middle of the season, Grissom had moved back to defense, and he even started the Sooners’ 41-13 Cotton Bowl loss to Texas A&M.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients