Oklahoma football: Waco on a Thursday night
The last time OU went to Waco for a football game, on Nov. 20, 2011, the Sooners were knocked out of the national championship race and Robert Griffin III was knocked into the Heisman Trophy race. And being a football Saturday night, with fans deluged by a dozen televised games including perhaps their own team, only part of America was watching.
That will change on OU’s next trip to Waco. The OU-Baylor game in 2013 has been moved to Thursday night, Nov. 7, and will be televised by either Fox Sports or ESPN. Both teams have open dates the previous Saturday.
Which means Bob Stoops is cool with it. “It’s something we discussed,” Stoops said. “With the new television agreement, everybody’s going to have to have their hand on a Thursday night. In our situation, with a stadium right on campus, it really isn’t conducive for us to host one. So we’re going to have to go play one. In surveying it, we thought this may be the best scenario, and a relatively short trip.”
In 2012, the Big 12 played four non-Saturday games: Baylor-SMU on a Sunday, Baylor-Louisiana Monroe on a Friday, Texas-TCU on Thanksgiving night and Iowa State-West Virginia on a Friday.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 25412Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 15758Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9844UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8808Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7879Tom Ward out as SandRidge CEO
- 7543Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6502Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6399OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6273Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5958Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients