Chuka Ndulue’s Saturday tweet hints at possible move to defensive tackle
NORMAN — New defensive line coach Jerry Montgomery indicated last week that some players might move to defensive tackle to add depth to the thin position.
“That’s something we’ve discussed, but it’s not something we want to put out there yet,” Montgomery said.
One player might have put it out there for him.
The Sooners held their first spring practice Saturday morning, and junior defensive end Chuka Ndulue tweeted a hint that he might have shifted inside the line.
“Playing in the trenches is NO JOKE!!” tweeted Ndulue, who started nine games last season. “Gotta get that weight up!”
Ndulue (6-foot-3, 262 pounds) recorded 43 tackles and five sacks during the 2012 season.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16360Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12715Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 11414'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11247Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11067Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 10980OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 7454Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6968Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6909Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 6877Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients