Tom Wort, David King strain hamstrings during Pro Day 40-yard dash attempts
NORMAN — Linebacker Tom Wort and defensive end David King strained hamstrings on each of their second 40-yard dash attempts Wednesday.
Wort ran a 4.78 at last month’s NFL Scouting Combine, and improved that time to 4.75 on his first attempt Wednesday.
“It’s just something silly. I’ve never hurt a hamstring, and to do it today … I’m a little frustrated about that,” said Wort, who also improved his number of bench press reps from 21 at the combine to 25 Wednesday.
King ran a 4.72 on his first 40-yard dash attempt, and tied for the most bench press reps with 27.
“It’s a little stiff,” King said of the hamstring. “I’ll be fine in a week or so.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10710Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10389Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10187Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9807Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6458Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4074Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4073Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 3712OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3641Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 3479How to help tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients