Share “Teen nearly loses her vision after...”

Teen nearly loses her vision after eye-eating parasite grows on her contact lens

www.local10.com Modified: March 28, 2013 at 12:57 pm •  Published: March 28, 2013
Advertisement

A South Florida high school senior nearly lost her vision after a parasite grew on her contact lens and began eating through her cornea, according to Local10.com.



After experiencing redness and throbbing in her eye, Ashley Hyde, 18, went to see doctors, but they couldn’t figure out what was wrong at first.

Eventually, doctors discovered that she had an acanthamoeba infection. Acanthamoeba is a microscopic parasite found in water and soil that can spread through contact lens use, cuts, or skin wounds or by being inhaled into the lungs, Local10.com reports.

H/T: Gawker
Read the rest of this post on www.local10.com

AROUND THE WEB

  1. 1
    Hillary Clinton Really Is Coming For Your Guns
  2. 2
    Where does OU rank among college football's running back units?
  3. 3
    The best jobs for every personality type
  4. 4
    Lankford: Changing Washington 'takes strong families, strong churches and strong communities'
  5. 5
    Trial delayed for former sheriff's deputy charged with sexual battery
+ show more

FEATURED JOBS



× Trending around the web Article