Tennis: Men’s team opens season this weekend
The University of Oklahoma men’s tennis team begins its season this weekend when it travels to Wichita, Kan., for the 2007-08 Shocker Invitational.Oklahoma faces competitors from Arkansas, Illinois State and host Wichita State.
“We are excited to begin our season and this is a great event for us to begin with because there will be some excellent competition in Wichita,” head coach Paul Lockwood said.The event, which runs through Sunday, will follow an individual format with singles and doubles flights. A winner will be determined by a point system.The Sooners begin play on Saturday when they face Wichita State in doubles action at 1 p.m.
That is followed by a 4 p.m. singles match with Wichita State.“This will be a great test for all of our players because as the season progresses the competition will improve and we need to begin by playing tough competitive tennis,” Lockwood continued.
Sunday, Oklahoma will face Illinois State at 9 a.m. in singles action followed by doubles matches with the Redbirds at 11 a.m.
All matches will be played at the Genesis Health Club and Crestview Country Club. .
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90701Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17035OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12738Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8924Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8598Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8454How to help tornado victims
- 8359Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 8212Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 7113Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 7056Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients