Volleyball: OU recruit is nation’s best prep setter
Oklahoma volleyball incoming freshman Brianne Barker has earned the 2007 Andi Collins Award, recognizing the nation’s best high school senior setter. Barker is no stranger to success as the Amarillo, Texas, native is also the Texas Gatorade Player of the Year and LoneStarVolleyball.com Player of the Year.
“This is an outstanding honor and accomplishment for Brianne,” OU head coach Santiago Restrepo said. “We are thrilled that she is going to be at the University of Oklahoma next year.”
The 5-9 setter led Amarillo High School to back-to-back state championships during her junior and senior seasons while earning MVP honors of the state tournament twice. Barker finished her senior season with 1,091 assists, 244 kills, 299 digs and also led the team with 75 aces.
Barker also plays club volleyball for the Amarillo Elite and will report to Oklahoma in fall of 2008.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17917Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 11872Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10569OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10552Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 10275Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9958Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9874Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5389Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5156Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
- 4651'Hatchet hitchhiker' arrested after attorney found dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients