Tennis: Women start season Friday
The University of Oklahoma women’s tennis team will kick off spring competition Friday in Milwaukee, Wis. when it plays three teams over a three-day span.
There the Sooners will meet Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Ohio State and Marquette. It will be the first time in program history that OU has met Marquette and Ohio State and only the second time the Sooners have seen Wisconsin-Milwaukee. The Sooners last faced the Panthers in 1998 sweeping a 6-0 victory.
“We are really excited to get the season underway,” head coach Mark Johnson said. “This will be a great way for us to see some new teams and some fresh competition.”
Oklahoma will begin the weekend in a head-to-head dual with Wisconsin-Milwaukee on Friday at 10 a.m. The Sooners will take on Ohio State Saturday at Marquette University beginning at 10 a.m., before finishing the weekend on Sunday in a head-to-head dual with Marquette at 10 a.m.
“We are going to get a lot of match time, in only a few days,” said Johnson. “It will be a great way to learn our strengths and what we still need to work on.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90799Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 6362Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6064Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients