Jones to decide live on Signing Day
By Blake Jackson
Hold on to your hats, Sooner fans.
Oklahoma’s top recruiting target will wait until Signing Day on Feb. 6 to announce his college decision. And he’ll do it live on ESPNU.
Five-star wideout Julio Jones’ commitment and signing will be part of the ESPN daughter network’s seven-hour coverage of National Signing Day, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. next Wednesday. America’s top quarterback Terrelle Pryor and tailback Darrell Scott are also expected to announce their college choices during the event.
Jones, from Foley, Ala., visited Norman over the weekend with teammate Robert Lester — a four-star safety. He recently narrowed his college choices to OU, Alabama, Florida, Florida State and Texas Tech.
It seems the Sooners and Crimson Tide are in the lead to land Jones’ services. But with a kid like this — who rarely if ever speaks with the media — it’s hard to pin down what to expect. We’ll keep you posted.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 56820Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14719Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9122Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7282Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6520Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6448How to help tornado victims
- 6374Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6257Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6000Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 5062Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients