Gymnastics: Women ready for Nebraska, too
The University of Oklahoma women’s gymnastics squad hosts Nebraska in the team’s 2008 home opener at 7 p.m. on Friday at the Lloyd Noble Center in a dual meet with both school’s men’s squads.
No. 6 OU enters the meet with a 8-0 record, fresh off a season-high team score of 196.550 in last Sunday’s competition at West Virginia.
The Sooners are led by senior All-American Kiara Redmond-Sturms who earned her second-consecutive Big 12 Gymnast of the Week honor for her efforts in the win, as the Los Angeles, Calif., native won her fourth-straight all-around, vault, bars and floor title.
Redmond-Sturms enters the meet ranked No. 1 in the nation on the floor exercise, with a season-average score of 9.931.
Twelfth-ranked Nebraska travels to Norman with a 3-1 overall record, 2-0 in Big 12 matches. The reigning Big 12 Champions, Nebraska’s only loss on the year is to second-ranked Utah.
The Cornhuskers are led by senior Emily Parsons, who shared Big 12 Gymnast of the Week honors with Redmond-Sturms, after her efforts in the NU win against conference-rival Missouri.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17844Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 15135Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11465Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11153'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10637Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8906OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8210Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6899Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6524Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 6213Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients