Tennis: OU meets Minnesota Saturday
The University of Oklahoma men’s tennis team returns to the court this weekend, following a week layoff, when it faces Minnesota and Wisconsin-Green Bay in Minneapolis, Minn.
“We have showed tremendous improvement over the last couple of weeks and I am pleased with the way we are competing,” head coach Paul Lockwood said.
Last Saturday, the Sooners defeated Old Dominion in Norfolk, Va., 5-2. Sunday OU came up on the short end against Virginia Commonwealth losing 5-2..
“Once again we play a couple of very strong teams and if we compete the way we are capable of competing we can pick up two victories,” Lockwood continued. “We are playing on the road for the second straight week which will pay off for our team in the long run.”
The Sooners are ranked No. 36 in the latest ITA tennis poll.
The Sooners return home Sunday, Feb. 17, as they host Arkansas at Willow Creek Golf and Country Club in Oklahoma City at 11 a.m.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients