Softball: OU opens season Tuesday against St. Greg’s
The No. 5 Oklahoma softball team hosts St. Gregory’s in its home opener on Tuesday. The Sooners and Cavaliers will meet at 3:30 p.m. on Marita Hynes Field inside the OU Softball Complex.
Tuesday will also feature $.50 hot dog night and every fan will receive a free 2008 team poster. Live stats of Tuesday’s game will be available at SoonerSports.com.
The Sooners enter Tuesday’s match up with a 3-2 record after competing in their season-opening tournament, the Freeway Series, in Los Angeles last weekend. Oklahoma highlighted the tournament with a 7-0 shutout over No. 10 UCLA on the Bruins home field. It marked the first-ever program win for the Sooners against UCLA in Easton Stadium.
Tuesday night’s match up will mark St. Gregory’s season opener as the Cavaliers are ranked No. 6 in the NAIA Preseason Poll. The Cavaliers return NAIA All-American pitcher Sharon Bell along with seniors Nicole Tindall and Jessica Munson. They finished last season with a record of 49-17. SGU won the Sooner Athletic Conference Tournament and the Region IV Tournament, before finishing fifth in the national tournament.
Season tickets still remain and are $100 for reserved seating and $70 for general admission. In addition to season tickets, the ticket office will also be selling Boomer and Sooner Ticket Packages. Each package includes a general admission ticket for 11 select OU home games and costs $40. Call the OU ticket office for more information.
Single game tickets are $10 for reserved seating, $7 for general admission and $5 for K-12. All OU students receive free admission.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients