Mike Baldwin’s Bio
Mike Baldwin has been in the newspaper business more than three decades. The Oklahoma Christian University graduate started his career as the Seminole Producer sports editor in the late 1970s. He was the Edmond Evening Sun sports editor for three years in the early ’80s before joining The Oklahoman in 1982.
He has covered nearly every beat at the newspaper, starting with high schools. He also covered OU and OSU one year, then the Oklahoma City Cavalry CBA team before he and his family moved to Dallas, still working for The Oklahoman, to cover the Barry Switzer coached Dallas Cowboys.
After seven years in Dallas, Mike returned to Oklahoma City, covering Oklahoma State for seven years. The past two years he covered the Oklahoma City Thunder before being switched to OU this season.
Mike and his wife, Barbara, were married in 1988. They have a son, Brett, who is a junior at Edmond Santa Fe.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17613Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 13042Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11234Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 11211Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 10608'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10120Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7197Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 6592Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6062New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 5967Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients