Golf: OU women start season Monday
The University of Oklahoma women’s golf team opens up its spring season Feb. 18-19 at the Central District Invitational in Parrish, Fla. The tournament begins Monday at the 7,100-yard, par-72 River Wilderness Golf and Country Club.
“This will be an excellent tournament to start our spring season since we will be up against many of the teams in the Central District that are either ahead of us in ranking or very close,” Head Coach Carol Ludvigson said. “It is a very competitive tournament and will be a course that I feel should suit our games. We have a very strong team and I feel they are getting mentally stronger every time we tee it up.”
The Sooners, ranked 34th by the Golfweek Magazine/Sagarin performance index ratings and 32nd in the Golfstat ratings, had two tournament victories in four events during the fall season, and they look to carry that success over to the spring.
“There is such desire to win on this team that they seem to continue to push one another to reach higher goals,” Ludvigson said.
The Sooner lineup consists of senior Kelly Jacques, junior Kendall Dye, senior Heather Wright, freshman Ellen Mueller and sophomore Chelsey Collins.
“This will be a good measuring stick as to where we are and where we need to be,” Ludvigson said.
The Sooners are one of seven Big 12 teams competing in the tournament. Also participating from the conference are Baylor, Kansas State, Missouri, Nebraska, Texas and Texas A&M. The rest of the 15-team field consists of Indiana, Kent State, Michigan, host Michigan State, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Ohio State and SMU.
Play begins Monday at 7 a.m Oklahoma time.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients